We are hiring! Creative Bag Designer
by NEIL V • November 21, 2016
CabinZero is growing, and we are looking to add new team members to the CabinZero family to help us reach our goals. Originally started in the UK, we are a travellers company now and do most of our work remotely from different parts of the world. We dedicate our work to make travel as easy and pleasurable as possible for our customers by providing them with the bags they need.
We are looking for a Creative Bag Designer
You will be head of design at CabinZero, working full time and starting on a one-year contract. You will be based in Hong Kong to work side by side with our partner factories and us in Asia.
Your new job
Your creativity sparks ideas and concepts of new CabinZero bags by merging function and design both proactively to give life to new collections.
Your new concepts of functional and fashionable bags are based on our ideas and upcoming market trends supported by your personal interests, market research and love to create unique products.
You value to be part of the process where your creative input helps to define the direction of the company.
Other responsibilities are:
- Presentation of material preparation, sketches and renderings, mockups, etc. based on our requirements
- Prepare drawings, material and color specs, etc. for prototype and tooling model construction
- Work with our partner factories' engineers and QA departments on all new concept development and technical issues
- Handle smaller design tasks for Point of Sale material and marketing material
- Communicate effectively across functional team members
- Manage execution with the CabinZero Team from design till mass production
Your character and commitment
- Creative – your ideas will help to drive the business.
- Committed – your involvement takes ideas from concept to product.
- Commercial sense – you understand our customer's needs and market trends defining them.
- Communication skills – you are outgoing and enjoy daily contact via Email, Skype or in person with a small group of highly motivated colleagues over the world
- Diploma or Degree holder in Graphic / Industrial / Products Design or related disciplines
- Two years of design & development experience with backpacks or functional bags preferred
- Excellent in design software like Photoshop or Illustrator plus good hand sketching skill
- Good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated, attention to detail & possess positive mindset
- Good time-management skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English; Mandarin is an advantage
- Travel to different factories in Asia, trade shows, inspirational tours and internal meetings is required
Your Application, CV & Portfolio
We look forward to see these via E-Mail before December 31st, 2016. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also in News - Catch up on the latest CabinZero News