Many people are planning to travel far away at the moment. When travelling, the luggage is usually heavy and unwieldy because you pick up needless stuff and pack them in an inefficient manner. The article below will assist you in folding shirts and packing such that your bag is compact but still capable of holding a lot of items.
How To Fold Shirts - Tips To Fold Clothes Neatly Into Suitcases
First off, you’d need to select an appropriate suitcase size, as not having a proper suitcase renders knowing how to fold a shirt next to inapplicable.
The suitcase is currently one of the sorts of luggage that many people choose to use. This sort of luggage is typically available in four sizes:
- Size S: height x width 63 x 51cm.
- Size M: height x width 73 x 60cm.
- Size L: height x width 80 x 66 cm.
- Size XL: height x width 91 x 70 cm.
As a result, pick the proper suitcase size based on the quantity of stuff you want to carry. Choose a suitcase or backpack with a small size to be able to bring on board the airline for a vacation of 1-5 days. Using a tiny bag allows you to enjoy a stress-free journey without having to worry about luggage theft or loss.
For extended vacations with relatives, pick a bigger luggage so that you can fold family members' items. You should also bring a backpack or bag since you do not have to lug a suitcase everywhere, especially while going out. You can use them to store stuff such as phones, lipsticks, lotions, and wallets.
>> Check out: Full Travel Checklist
- Use a vacuum bag
Vacuum compression bags are an excellent option for bulky things like jackets, infant clothing, bed linens, and soft toys, among others. The bag will save you a lot of room, and it's the greatest option for storing dirty clothes when you get home.
Photo on Unsplash
- Say no to umbrellas
It is always a good idea to be prepared in case of rain while travelling. When going out, however, it is impossible to carry a large, hefty umbrella. Thin disposable raincoats, on the other hand, are the greatest solution.
- Place clothes in fabric order
Clothing made of sturdy fabrics should be placed on the bottom, followed by shirts made of thin or easily wrinkled materials. This arrangement will allow your garments to be effectively protected, preventing the shirts from losing its shape and from being wrinkled.
- Use a cosmetics travel kit
Choosing a travel cosmetic jar kit is a sensible decision since it allows you to store all types of cosmetics, soaps, basic and required products while not taking up too much room within the bag. Try to fill the kit's empty bottles with your preferred cosmetic brands.
Photo on Unsplash
- Pack small items correctly
Small goods such as USB sticks, money bags, hairpins, trousers, socks, sunglasses, and reading glasses should be stored in a purse or glasses case, or the inside of your shoes. Jewellery can be stored in a medical cabinet.
How To Fold A T-Shirt To Save The Most Space In The Suitcase
T-shirts are the most popular sort of clothing when travelling. T-shirts that are lightweight and comfy will make you feel more at ease when moving. Furthermore, they are simple to store and do not take up much space.
Method 1: Common way to fold t-shirts
- Step 1: Spread your shirt and smooth it out or iron it so it doesn't have wrinkles.
- Step 2: Fold about 6-8cm of the hem to the top and the two sleeves to the inside of the shirt.
- Step 3: Fold one side of the shirt over half, then the other half of the shirt. The shirt will be sized down to one-third of its original size.
- Step 4: Turn the shirt upside down so that the hem is facing up, roll the shirt from the collar up.
- Step 5: Finally, take the edge of the shirt to wrap the shirt to hold the roll firmly.
Photo on Cleanipedia
Method 2: Roll up your t-shirt to save space in the suitcase
- Step 1: First, fold the 2 sleeves towards the inside of the shirt, and at the same time fold the tail of the shirt back about 7 cm.
- Step 2: You vertically fold a portion of the shirt body inwards. You continue the cycle on the opposite side.
- Step 3: Once your T-shirt has been formed into an elongated shape, you just need to roll it tightly from top to bottom and turn the hem upside down to wrap it tightly.
Photo on Pinterest
Method 3: Fold woollen clothes/ sweaters neatly and simply
Sweaters not only lose form when hanging with hooks, but they are also bulky and take up closet space. Sweaters should be folded properly and put on a shelf or in a drawer to avoid this. Here's how you fold woollens:
- Step 1: Turn the sweater over and fold the sleeves together and parallel to the hem.
- Step 2: Then, right in the middle of the shirt, fold your arms around the middle of the back of the shirt.
- Step 3: Finally, you fold from the hem to the top and you're done.
Photo on Cleanipedia
How To Fold Shirts Most Conveniently And Neatly
Shirts are one of the oldest and most wrinkle-prone garments. As a result, learning how to fold a shirt properly is essential, both to minimise creases and loss of shape and to conserve space in your luggage. Here is a professional method for folding garments with cardboard (shirts) that you can use:
- Step 1: Button the shirt and then spread the shirt so that the back of the shirt is on the top.
- Step 2: Fold the sleeves inward in the direction of the crease.
- Step 3: Fold in about half of the back of the shirt with the sides of the sleeves.
- Step 4: Finally, fold the top half of the shirt and turn the shirt upside down.
Photo on Cleanipedia
- Step 1: To fold a shirt neatly but without causing it to wrinkle or lose its folds, you first need to button all the buttons to fix the shirt, not to move.
- Step 2: Then, you put the shirt down on a flat surface and then use your hands to adjust the neck and sleeves so that the shirt is kept straight, not wrinkled.
- Step 3: Next, fold the shirt in half lengthwise over the buttons and fold the sleeves along the length.
- Step 4: Finally, you roll the shirt from bottom to top to finish.
If you just have a tiny luggage and do not want to fold it in a curl, use the following method:
- Step 1: Fasten the buttons to keep the shirt in place when folding
- Step 2: Place the shirt face down on a flat surface, fold the left sleeve diagonally back.
- Step 3: Do the same step 2 with the right sleeve.
- Step 4: Take the shoulder edge of the shirt as a standard, fold the left side of the shirt inward (as shown in the photo)
- Step 5: Fold the left and right edges of the shirt inwards
- Step 6: Fold the bodice in half from the bottom up, turn the shirt over and straighten it
Photo on Vmanly
Here's what you need to know about the best method to fold t-shirts and shirts to avoid wrinkles. Isn't it easy and quick? Try out these strategies to see how helpful they are in allowing you to carry your favourite outfits on your next vacation!