Overview of Aer Lingus Airlines
Aer Lingus is Ireland's national airline and the country's oldest airline, having been founded in 1936. The airline's headquarters are at Dublin Airport, and it also has bases at George Best Airport, Cork Airport, London Gatwick Airport, Heathrow Airport, and Shannon Airport. Along with 62 specialised aircraft, Aer Lingus provides flights at five airports in Ireland as well as to locations in Europe, Africa, North America, and Africa. The airline operates direct flights to around 80 cities and serves an additional 80 destinations through its partners Etihad Airways, JetBlue Airways and United Airlines.
Aer Lingus Airlines Baggage Allowance Policy
You are planning an exciting journey to many different places across the world, you have already or have bought air tickets to go with Aer Lingus Airlines, but you are unaware of Aer Lingus Airlines' luggage allowance. In order to ensure a comfortable journey and save unnecessary difficulty at the airport, passengers booking Aer Lingus Airlines tickets should also familiarise themselves with the airline's policy on checked luggage and packages policy.
Aer Lingus Airlines is Ireland's national airline. This airline is one of Ireland's oldest and has been awarded the greatest in the world. The following information is for individuals interested in learning more about Aer Lingus Airlines' luggage allowance.
Each passenger is permitted to bring one bag and one personal item such as a wallet or briefcase on all flights. Personal possessions do not include assistive devices or clothing. All carry-on baggage must fit in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat in front of you and meet the airline's standards. However, when comparing international and domestic flights, there are some changes in the size of each piece of luggage.
- Aer Lingus permits one piece of carry-on luggage with a weight restriction of 22 lbs / 10 kg and maximum dimensions of 21 x 16 x 10 in / 55 x 40 x 24 cm for domestic flights.
- For long-haul international flights, you are permitted to bring one piece of carry-on baggage with a maximum weight of 15 lbs / 7kg and dimensions of 19 x 13 x 8 in / 48 x 33 x 20 cm.
- You can also carry on a smaller piece of hand baggage, such as a laptop, with a maximum dimension of 10 x 13 x 8 in / 25 x 33 x 20cm.
When separated into regional flights, Aer Lingus' checked baggage policy is fairly clear and precise. More precisely, on Aer Lingus flights, any passenger class, except flights in Economy, is entitled to one free checked bag and more depending on seat class. In addition to the first piece of free luggage, the cost of additional checked baggage varies based on your itinerary.
Flights Within Europe
- Fare flexibility: 2 free checked bags
- Plus fare: 1 free check-in bag
- Checked luggage is not permitted on economy tickets. Instead, the airline charges a Baggage Charge for each checked bag. The cost of each trip is from 45 to 55 euros for 44 lbs / 20 kg. Other prices range from 60 to 70 euros for 44 lbs / 40 kg. To discover more about the fixed cost of luggage for your journey, you could contact the official website or booking agencies.
- There are three alternatives for flights inside Europe: 44 lbs / 20 kg, 55 lbs / 25kg in one suitcase, or 88 lbs / 40 kg distributed across two bags.
- Customers on BusinessFlex and BusinessFlex can bring up to three pieces of checked luggage with a combined weight of no more than 154 lbs / 70 kg.
Long-Haul Flights (Departure / Destination From Usa)
For economy or low-cost prices, you will be able to bring one checked bag free of charge, which is your luggage allowance. The maximum luggage weight will be 50 lb / 23 kg, with a maximum first checked baggage dimensions of 62 in / 158 cm (length + breadth + height).
The airline enables you to bring up to two free checked bags in the Economy / Flexible class, with a maximum weight of 50 lb / 23 kg per bag. The maximum size of the first checked bag is 62 in / 158 cm (length + width + height), whereas the normal dimensions of the second checked bag are 55 in / 140 cm (length + width + height).
If you travel in business class, you will be permitted to bring up to three checked bags for free. The maximum weight per bag will be 50 lb / 23 kg, and the maximum dimensions for first checked luggage will be 62 in / 158 cm (length + width + height). The maximum size for the second bag is 55 in / 140 cm (length + breadth + height).
Checked luggage is not permitted on economy tickets. The prices range from 45 euros for 44 lbs / 20 kg to 55 euros for 66 lbs / 30 kg. Other prices range from 60 to 70 euros for 44 lbs / 20 kg. Since different locations and different ticket classes have a completely separate fee policy, what you need to do is refer to the departure point and destination of the official site or through reputed and reliable agents.
The airline will charge you an extra cost if your baggage is overweight or exceeds the authorised size for your price type. If you are flying within Europe, you will be charged 10 euros each kilogramme above the 44 lbs / 20 kg limit. This cost is estimated in kilograms and is determined by your route. Excess baggage fees will be assessed for each kilogramme of checked baggage, regardless of the amount of baggage bought.
For transatlantic flights, any luggage weighing between 50-70 lbs / 23-32 kg will cost 75 euros, which includes the excess baggage fee.
You must book specific things before flying or contact the agent a few days before your trip in order to board. Each worker is limited to one piece of special equipment, with a maximum weight of 50 lbs / 23kg. Sports equipment can be shipped inside Europe for roughly €40 per item each way.
Sports equipment can be transported as checked baggage for free on transatlantic flights. If you bring excess items, you will be charged €75 per item. Some unique tools that you are permitted to be brought:
- Small musical instruments can be considered carry-on baggage.
- Medium-sized instruments can be carried in the cabin if you purchase a separate instrument seat.
- Medical equipment (dialysis machines, wheelchairs, etc.) is carried free of charge.
- Sports equipment maximum - weight: 50 lbs / 23 kg. The usual excess baggage charge applies if the passenger carries in excess of this amount.
It should be noted that children under the age of two are not needed to have their own chairs. You must, however, notify Aer Lingus that you will be flying with an infant in your lap and pay 10% of the appropriate adult fare plus VAT.
Each adult is only permitted to have one kid. When one adult travels with more than one infant under the age of two, one seat is required for each additional infant. You can also buy an infant seat if you bring a forward-facing car seat that has been authorised for the youngster to sit in.