Air France Cabin Bags
Overview of Air France
Air France is officially a French airline that was founded in 1933 and is headquartered in Roissy Charles de Gaulle, France (north of Paris). It is a part of the Air France-KLM Group and one of the founding members of the SkyTeam global airline alliance.
The airline has structured its workforce with dynamic productivity and is committed to giving each client a unique travel experience, with over 42,000 employees on board. Because of that reason, Air France is a well-known airline in France that focuses on local and international flights, especially in Europe.
Air France Baggage Allowance Policy
On Air France Airlines flights, how much luggage can passengers bring? This is a common concern of many people when travelling by the national airline Air France Airlines. Regardless of whether travellers purchase cheap Air France Airlines tickets or not, they will have the opportunity to enjoy service quality that exceeds expectations.
Passengers must know about the airline's restrictions, including those on hand baggage and checked baggage, in order to have a completely pleasurable vacation and avoid difficulties when preparing bags and checking in at the airport.
Air France provides an easy luggage policy compared to other airlines, and if you book an upper-class flight, you'll get even greater baggage reductions.
Depending on the cabin you choose, you will have different carry-on baggage regulations. Passengers are allowed one or two standard carry-on pieces of baggage free of charge, depending on the cabin you choose to sit in and the type of baggage you bring. Your carry-on luggage must be no more than 55cm x 35cm x 25cm, and your personal items must measure no more than 40cm x 30cm x 15cm.
- Economy: 1 hand baggage and 1 personal item (26.4 pounds / 12 kg)
- Premium Economy: 2 hand baggage and 1 personal item (40 pounds / 18 kg)
- Business: 2 hand baggage and 1 personal item (40 pounds / 18 kg)
- La Première: 2 hand baggage and 1 personal item (40 pounds / 18 kg)
More specifically, Air France's hand baggage regulations are as follows:
- In the Economy class, you are allowed to bring one piece of hand baggage and one personal item.
- If you're flying Premium Economy, Business, or La Première class, you're allowed to bring two pieces of hand baggage and one personal item.
Air France stipulates that your checked baggage limit is based on your cabin and fare. However, the amount of checked baggage you can carry for free varies depending on your checked-in luggage, fare and membership status.
- Economy Light: No baggage included (available to purchase only)
- Economy Standard: 1 bag adhere to max linear dimensions of 158 cm and max weight of 23 kg
- Premium Economy: 2 bags adhere to max linear dimensions of 158 cm and max weight of 23 kg
- Business: 2 bags adhere to max linear dimensions of 158 cm and max weight of 32 kg
- La Première: 3 bags adhere to max linear dimensions of 158 cm and max weight of 32 kg
If you are a Flying Blue Silver, Gold, or Platinum member, or a SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus member, you can check one additional piece of luggage for free. You must pay for your checked luggage if you fly in Economy Light or Economy class. The cost of checked luggage is not set in stone because it is determined by a variety of factors, but it typically ranges from €25 for online ticket purchases to €40 for buying at the airport. Furthermore, longer journeys have greater prices.
If any piece of checked baggage exceeds the size or weight limit, you will be charged an extra fee at the airport. The exact cost depends on the route and destination of your flight. However, there is a standard that no piece of checked baggage can exceed the maximum allowed weight of 32kg.
FAQs about Air France Baggage Allowance
Air France allows you to bring sports equipment, musical instruments and other special items on board. You can check them in as special luggage, but you will have to pay for it. Items that exceed the stated luggage limitations and regulations, on the other hand, might not be permitted on the flight. Some special baggage that is allowed is as follows, or you can refer here to learn more about these regulations.
- Golf equipment
- Diving equipment
- Equipment for cycling, bicycles
- Ski equipment, water ski equipment and snowboards
- Surfboards, longboards
You can transport liquids as hand luggage with Air France, but you must follow the following guidelines:
Liquid containers must be placed in a transparent, tightly sealed plastic bag.
The overall amount of each bottle in the bag should not exceed 100 mL (3.4 oz).
The bag's volume should not exceed 1 litre (34.8 fl. oz.).
The bag's size must not exceed 20 x 20 cm (7.8 x 7.8 in).
You will be obliged to leave liquids at the airport if they do not fulfil the following rules, since they will be regarded as forbidden items on the plane. More information regarding forbidden goods on Air France flights can be found here.